iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite things, my iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum. With this little robot helper, I am able to automate one of my most dreaded tasks: vacuuming. Imagine being able to delegate sweeping the floor to your robot friend with no sassy backtalk, just some friendly beeps!
I own a Roomba 690. Here is what I love about him:
- It is EASY to use. There is an app you can install on your phone, but most of the time I just take Roomba where I want him to clean and push “GO”. Easy peasy. He cleans the room, and then beeps pleasantly when he’s done. All he asks in return is that you empty his tray and clean out his brushes once in a while.
- It SAVES TIME. This takes multi-tasking to a whole new level! I can easily let Roomba vacuum while I am busy folding the laundry.
- It puts cleaning on AUTO PILOT. Since owning Roomba my house is fully vacuumed at least once a week, because I really don’t even have to think about it.
- It TAKES CARE OF ITSELF. It come with a handy virtual wall included, and it does have cliff detection so your expensive robot won’t go tumbling down the stairs. If it gets stuck or clogged, it messages your phone and lets out a beep-y distress call. Then it shuts down till help arrives, to protect itself from damage. It will even return to its base and charge itself when done (if it’s in the same room as the base).
- It is AFFORDABLE. I purchased my Roomba from an Amazon warehouse deal for $162.06. Retail price for many units are well under $300, which is WAY CHEAPER than a cleaning service. I loathe recurring fees and prefer to have a one time fixed cost.
- Roomba is REPAIRABLE. He has replaceable parts! I have not had to order any yet, but it’s nice to know that you can get parts to fix Roomba, instead of having to buy a whole new unit.
If you would like to check Roomba out for yourself, they can be purchased on Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links.